St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect opportunity for a night out on the town with your friends, coworkers, or significant other. If you are looking for a good time, consider heading out to a local pub. Below are the best bars to visit on St. Patrick’s Day in Lubbock.
But remember — even though we at Pollard Used Cars are big fans of driving, it is NEVER okay to drink and drive. On this special holiday, please have a designated driver (and buy them a delicious Irish dinner) or take a taxi, Uber, or Lyft.
Best Bars in Lubbock
- Louie Louie’s Piano Bar: Looking for great music on your night out on the town? There is no better place than Louie Louie’s Piano Bar.
- Flippers Tavern: For great food and good beer, Flippers Tavern provides an amazing atmosphere and is the top rated bar in Lubbock on Yelp. Be sure to try the Crawdaddy Queso and Chips and get your signature dog Flipper Style.
- O’Reilly’s Irish Pub: Don’t forget — St. Patrick’s Day is all about Irish culture. Enjoy a pint of Guinness at this authentic Irish pub in Lubbock.
- Lantern Tavern: If you love craft beer, then you’ll want to check out the Lantern Tavern. Even better? It’s dog-friendly!
We at Pollard Used Cars wish you and yours a happy and safe St. Patrick’s Day.
If you’re looking to buy a car, you’ve probably noticed that there are a lot of options out there. Even if you’ve narrowed it down to a specific make and model—a Toyota Camry or a Honda Civic, for example—you’ll still have to decide on what trim level you want. But what is a trim level, anyway, and how do you decide which one is right for you?
A trim level is a set of features that come on a car. Generally, models are broken up into multiple trim levels, each with a particular set of features. “Higher” trim levels typically cost more but include additional or upgraded features while “lower” trim levels have fewer features and are more affordable.
Automakers use different names for various trim levels. For example, if you’re interested in a Chevrolet, the LTZ trim will always include more than the LS. For Honda, the EX trim will always be higher than the LX.
Different trim levels aren’t necessarily “better” or “worse.” Rather, having the option of multiple trim levels allows you to find the balance of price and features that work best for you.
To learn more, stop by Pollard Used Cars today and find the car that’s just right for you!
Let’s say you’ve had a vehicle for a few years, and now you’re ready to move on to something new. You probably want to go to a dealership and turn in your old ride to put the cost towards your next vehicle, but you might be unsure how the trade-in value of your old car will be determined. According to the experts at CarsDirect.com, different factors go into determining how much the dealer will pay for your vehicle such as:
The year of your car will play a big role in its trade-in value. Typically, older cars have less value than newer ones.
Make and model
Some brands and nameplates hold their value better than others. For example, sports cars will usually sell for more than a sedan from the same brand.
If your vehicle has been well-maintained and/or has low miles on the odometer, it will likely sell better than a more damaged car that has been driven a lot.
Some cars are just more popular than others. Dealers know that more popular vehicles will sell faster, so they’re willing to pay more from the get-go.
If you have a used vehicle and you’re wondering what kind of trade-in value you can get for it, don’t hesitate to contact us at Pollard Used Cars in Lubbock; we would be happy to assess your vehicle’s trade-in value.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner but there’s still time to plan the perfect Valentine’s date! While an evening’s activities will vary by the couple, dinner is certainly on the menu. Lubbock has quite a few great eateries that make a special occasion out of February 14th. We here at Pollard Used Cars have a few recommended Valentine’s Day places to visit in Lubbock, Texas.
- Ohana Japanese Steak House – The family-friendly atmosphere of the Ohana Japanese Steak House makes for the perfect Valentine’s Day dinner date. Serving delectable dishes of sweet and sour food, the restaurant is widely regarded as the best sushi joint in Lubbock.
- Stella’s – Originally founded in 1973 in New York, Stella Rizzo created a name for herself as one of the finest Italian eateries in the business. Her son moved the restaurant to Lubbock. It quickly became a local hotspot known for its live entertainment, Italian cuisine, and lounge area, all of which make for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day.
- Harrigan’s Prime Grill – Created as a hangout for friends and family, Harrigan’s Prime Grill has grown to become one of the most welcoming restaurants in Lubbock. The friendly staff and warm welcome are just the appetizer to the incredible food!
Let us know if you have plan to use any of these ideas. All of us at Pollard Used Cars in Lubbock, TX would love to hear about it!