When you drive a new car off the lot immediately after purchase, you automatically lose a significant portion of its value due to depreciation. This is one of the major reasons that so many drivers decide to buy used models—they do not suffer the same major depreciation that new cars do upon purchase.
But if you’re buying used at Pollard Used Cars in Lubbock, how do you know which car to choose? A common way to choose a solid used daily driver is to look at which models retain their value the best. Websites like Edmunds, KBB.com, and more hand out awards every year to models that have the fewest mechanical issues and retain their value the best over three to five year timelines.
Top Cars That Retain Value
If you’re in the market for a used sedan or a used coupe, you’ll want to consider some of the following models, which have frequently won retained value awards in the last few years:
- Ford Mustang
- Honda Civic
- Honda Fit
- Lexus GS
- Nissan Altima
- Porsche Panamera
- Subaru Impreza
- Subaru Legacy
- Subaru WRX
- Toyota Camry
Top Trucks, Vans, and SUVs That Retain Value
If you are instead looking for a used truck, used van, or used SUV, take a look at the list of the following models, which retain value better over the years:
- Audi Q7
- Chevrolet Suburban
- GMC Acadia
- Honda CR-V
- Honda HR-V
- Honda Odyssey
- Jeep Wrangler
- Lexus GX
- Ram 2500
- Toyota FJ Cruiser
- Toyota Highlander
- Toyota Tacoma
- Toyota Tundra
How to Retain Your Car’s Value
Want to ensure a better resale price down the road? Follow these steps to retain your car’s value:
- Wash and wax it regularly, and store it in a garage.
- Stay current with all maintenance.
- Don’t smoke or keep trash in the car.
- Drive it well, with minimal rapid acceleration and hard stops.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner but there’s still time to plan the perfect Valentine’s date! While an evening’s activities will vary by the couple, dinner is certainly on the menu. Lubbock has quite a few great eateries that make a special occasion out of February 14th. We here at Pollard Used Cars have a few recommended Valentine’s Day places to visit in Lubbock, Texas.
- Ohana Japanese Steak House – The family-friendly atmosphere of the Ohana Japanese Steak House makes for the perfect Valentine’s Day dinner date. Serving delectable dishes of sweet and sour food, the restaurant is widely regarded as the best sushi joint in Lubbock.
- Stella’s – Originally founded in 1973 in New York, Stella Rizzo created a name for herself as one of the finest Italian eateries in the business. Her son moved the restaurant to Lubbock. It quickly became a local hotspot known for its live entertainment, Italian cuisine, and lounge area, all of which make for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day.
- Harrigan’s Prime Grill – Created as a hangout for friends and family, Harrigan’s Prime Grill has grown to become one of the most welcoming restaurants in Lubbock. The friendly staff and warm welcome are just the appetizer to the incredible food!
Let us know if you have plan to use any of these ideas. All of us at Pollard Used Cars in Lubbock, TX would love to hear about it!
Looking for some family-friendly activities to do in Lubbock this holiday season? Throughout the month of December, you can join Lubbock Parks and Recreation in Mackenzie Park for a Lubbock annual tradition – Santa Land! Starting with an Opening Ceremony on December 10th, Santa Land in Lubbock is a great place to go with your family to get into the spirit of Christmas and celebrate everything the holidays have to offer.
The park is open from December 10th until the 23rd, and is open every night from 6:00pm until 10:00pm. Admission is free for all ages to enjoy attractions such as the massive lit Christmas tree, a holiday village, bonfires, animated displays, and even a hidden Elf on a Shelf that, if found, allows visitors to win their very own iPad Mini 2. At 6:00pm every evening, you can even watch Santa and Mrs. Claus come to Santa Land pulled by tiny reindeer!
Santa Land in Lubbock will also offer hot chocolate and other refreshments at the concession stand, along with live entertainment. Parents are invited to bring their cameras to take pictures of their children with Santa, or you can purchase photos on site. Partake in some Christmas cheer at the 58th annual Santa Land celebration.