Getting behind the wheel of a new car is always exciting but don’t let that get in the way of spotting potential problems. Knowing how to properly test drive a car is a pertinent part of determining if it’s right for you. We here at Pollard Used Cars know exactly how to test drive a car to expose any potential problems.
- Size – Upon getting in the car, make sure you have plenty of room. Ensure there’s enough leg, head, and shoulder room for yourself as well as in the backseat. If you’re sitting too low or too high for your own comfort, it may be wise to consider finding a different vehicle. Keep your family’s needs in minds too. For example, a two-seater sports coupe probably isn’t going to work out well with a family of four.
- Capability – Buying the vehicle you need should always take precedence over what you want. Drivers who work in construction will likely make better use of a truck than a compact sedan. If you’re constantly transporting animals, an SUV, minivan, or crossover will work better than a standard car as well.
- Ride – Take the vehicle along different stretches of road at a variety of speeds to ensure the ride is comfortable. Too many bumps or the inability to climb a hill steadily could be turnoffs for many drivers.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner but there’s still time to plan the perfect Valentine’s date! While an evening’s activities will vary by the couple, dinner is certainly on the menu. Lubbock has quite a few great eateries that make a special occasion out of February 14th. We here at Pollard Used Cars have a few recommended Valentine’s Day places to visit in Lubbock, Texas.
- Ohana Japanese Steak House – The family-friendly atmosphere of the Ohana Japanese Steak House makes for the perfect Valentine’s Day dinner date. Serving delectable dishes of sweet and sour food, the restaurant is widely regarded as the best sushi joint in Lubbock.
- Stella’s – Originally founded in 1973 in New York, Stella Rizzo created a name for herself as one of the finest Italian eateries in the business. Her son moved the restaurant to Lubbock. It quickly became a local hotspot known for its live entertainment, Italian cuisine, and lounge area, all of which make for an unforgettable Valentine’s Day.
- Harrigan’s Prime Grill – Created as a hangout for friends and family, Harrigan’s Prime Grill has grown to become one of the most welcoming restaurants in Lubbock. The friendly staff and warm welcome are just the appetizer to the incredible food!
Let us know if you have plan to use any of these ideas. All of us at Pollard Used Cars in Lubbock, TX would love to hear about it!
Buying a car can be an overwhelming process. Where do you start? How about with the best car brands to buy based on Consumer Reports’ road test scores and reliability ratings.
Lexus is an all-around solid choice for a car. Lexus cars drive well and are proven to be reliable. As the company continues to put more emphasis on performance, Lexus vehicles grow in popularity.
Subaru’s are stereotyped as popular outdoor adventure mobiles. This isn’t far from accurate. But what makes Subaru a great choice for this—its standard all-wheel drive in every vehicle—also makes it a great car for winter driving.
Like Subaru, Audi is also known for its all-wheel drive. Add to that the Audi standard for classy design inside and out plus great reliability ratings and you have a well-balanced choice.
These are known largely for their reliability. But, in recent years, Toyota vehicles have become especially fun to drive, too. A versatile lineup ensures that consumers will find their right vehicle for their lifestyle.
Mazdas are extremely popular across the board. They’re a zippy, fun drive and score great reliability ratings. Own a Mazda and you’ll love it. Test drive a Mazda and you’ll love it.
Looking for some family-friendly activities to do in Lubbock this holiday season? Throughout the month of December, you can join Lubbock Parks and Recreation in Mackenzie Park for a Lubbock annual tradition – Santa Land! Starting with an Opening Ceremony on December 10th, Santa Land in Lubbock is a great place to go with your family to get into the spirit of Christmas and celebrate everything the holidays have to offer.
The park is open from December 10th until the 23rd, and is open every night from 6:00pm until 10:00pm. Admission is free for all ages to enjoy attractions such as the massive lit Christmas tree, a holiday village, bonfires, animated displays, and even a hidden Elf on a Shelf that, if found, allows visitors to win their very own iPad Mini 2. At 6:00pm every evening, you can even watch Santa and Mrs. Claus come to Santa Land pulled by tiny reindeer!
Santa Land in Lubbock will also offer hot chocolate and other refreshments at the concession stand, along with live entertainment. Parents are invited to bring their cameras to take pictures of their children with Santa, or you can purchase photos on site. Partake in some Christmas cheer at the 58th annual Santa Land celebration.