If you have a big sweet tooth with a craving for chocolate, then you have to take this sweet Texas road trip that takes you past seven of the best chocolate shops in the state. The total trip is long (11.5 hours of driving), so you can always just pick and choose your favorite stops.
The trip begins in Galveston and ends in Denton. Here are the seven sweet stops along the way.
- La King’s Confectionery. Located in Galveston, tourists and locals alike come here for the ice cream, salt water taffy, and gourmet chocolate.
- The Chocolate Bar. The next stop is in Houston. Here the chocolate delights include items like giant peanut butter cups, chocolate covered Twinkies, and homemade ice cream.
- Big Top Candy Shop. As we move along to Austin, this old-fashioned candy shop will make you feel like a kid as you browse the floor-to-ceiling display of sweets.
- Lone Star Candy Bar. Head west to Fredericksburg and enjoy more than 40 different kinds of fudge, chocolate-dipped bacon, saltwater taffy, and you can even make your own Pixy Stix.
- Hey Sugar Candy Store. Next, venture north to Waco to explore even more sugary goodness in this quality candy shop.
- Blooms Candy & Soda Pop Shop. This vintage candy shop in Carrollton can help you find all your old-time favorites.
- Atomic Candy. Our final stop in Denton has a palpable feeling of nostalgia with all of your favorite candies and chocolates.
If you need a new-to-you vehicle to accompany you on this chocolate-themed road trip, stop by Pollard Used Cars. We’ll help match you with a ride that matches your lifestyle and needs.